avrdude Windows binary with MSYS2

Xiaofan Chen
Responding to an old thread.

On Sat, Apr 9, 2016 at 6:48 AM, Joerg Wunsch <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Well, I already find it quite ironic that there's apparently nobody
> else but me who is willing to contribute Win32 binary builds for
> AVRDUDE. --- Me, who I doesn't use Windows at all, and who
> cross-compiles them under FreeBSD in a MinGW32 environment.
>
> I thus figure, the demand for even a diversity of Win32 builds must be
> small enough that nobody feels bothered to do it.  C'mon, compiling a
> pile of source code is not rocket science.  It's just installing a
> bunch of tools, and running them.  One doesn't even have to understand
> a single line of the source code for that.

Just FYI, it is now quite easy to build avrdude (or get the binary) under
Windows using MSYS2.

MSYS 2 provides 32bit/64bit pkgbuild file for libftdi1, libusb, libusb-comat
and avrdude. You can create pull request as well for new version of avrdude
if needed. In fact, it also provides pkgbuild file for many open source tools.

pkgbuild file -- libftdi support is included.
https://github.com/Alexpux/MINGW-packages/blob/master/mingw-w64-avrdude/PKGBUILD

--
Xiaofan