UC3C support

Marco Nilsson
I’m trying to add support for UC3C devices. These devices use a 4 byte JTAG identifier, such as 0xr200003F where ‘r’ is the revision number. The problem here is that avrdude only allows 3 bytes for signature, and no wildcards. This means that I will either get a parse error when using 4 bytes, or the signatures will not match.

Is there any way to extend this to 4 bytes and maybe even add wildcard bits?

 /Marco

Re: UC3C support

René Liebscher
Hi,

may be you can just doing the same as it is done for AT32UC3A0512. (Just
adding a new entry in the config file if noting else has changed with UC3C.)

It defines only the last 3 bytes of the signature. So the revision
number is not used.

It also ignores the first 4 bits of the part number, but as the
signature is only used to recheck for the right the devices the
remaining 12 bits might be enough to be sure programming the right device.

Kind regards

René

Am 29.01.2016 um 13:17 schrieb Marco Nilsson:

> I’m trying to add support for UC3C devices. These devices use a 4 byte JTAG identifier, such as 0xr200003F where ‘r’ is the revision number. The problem here is that avrdude only allows 3 bytes for signature, and no wildcards. This means that I will either get a parse error when using 4 bytes, or the signatures will not match.
>
> Is there any way to extend this to 4 bytes and maybe even add wildcard bits?
>
>  /Marco

Re: UC3C support

Marco Nilsson
That got me further (log attached). It drops out with an illegal JTAG ID error so maybe the UC3A series is initialized differently than the UC3C series. I’ll dig further into the code.

 /Marco

> On 29 jan. 2016, at 19:22, René Liebscher <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> may be you can just doing the same as it is done for AT32UC3A0512. (Just
> adding a new entry in the config file if noting else has changed with UC3C.)
>
> It defines only the last 3 bytes of the signature. So the revision
> number is not used.
>
> It also ignores the first 4 bits of the part number, but as the
> signature is only used to recheck for the right the devices the
> remaining 12 bits might be enough to be sure programming the right device.
>

> Kind regards
>
> René
>

> Am 29.01.2016 um 13:17 schrieb Marco Nilsson:
>> I’m trying to add support for UC3C devices. These devices use a 4 byte JTAG identifier, such as 0xr200003F where ‘r’ is the revision number. The problem here is that avrdude only allows 3 bytes for signature, and no wildcards. This means that I will either get a parse error when using 4 bytes, or the signatures will not match.
>>
>> Is there any way to extend this to 4 bytes and maybe even add wildcard bits?
>>
>> /Marco

uc3c.txt (4K) Download Attachment