Toolchain versions

Bob von Knobloch-2
Hi,

I am about to build the avr toolchain for a new PC (Opensuse 42.1
64bit). Are there recommended versions of binutils, gcc and libc to
build with.
The distro comes with gcc 4.8 but 5 as an option.

Cheers,

Bob
--
The Sun is out, the sky is blue, it's time to drive the MR2.

Re: Toolchain versions

Martin Stejskal
Hi Bob,
 basically you have to use same version as mentioned at SOURCES.README, since there are many incompatibilities with new ones. One solution is compile same version of binutils, gcc and so on and install them to temporary folder. Then change $PATH and other variables in current console and then run avr toolchain script (it really helps a lot). I think you will have to also do some minor changes in this script, since there are some shell incompatibilities (as I remember, I have to change some paths to gmp, mpc and mpfr sources). I used following command for running script (be sure you know parameters meaning!):
  sh build-avr32-gnu-toolchain.sh -b bld/ -p install/ -s src/ -H x86_64-linux -B x86_64-linux
 I used gcc 4.9 or something like this and it worked. However I have to used same automake and texinfo. It takes me one Sunday afternoon, but I made it :D
 Cheers,
  Martin

On 17/11/15 14:43, Martin Stejskal wrote:
> Hi Bob,
> Just check this: www.atmel.com/tools/atmelavrtoolchainforlinux.aspx (search
> "source code")

OK Martin, I found some references to versions in a PDF dated Octob
2015. I'll use that as my starting point, thanks.

Cheers,
Bob
--
The Sun is out, the sky is blue, it's time to drive the MR2.