Problem using Pickit2 as Programmer

Bege
Hello,

I can't manage to get Avrdude running with Pickit2.

I'm on Windows.

Entering   "avrdude  -c pickit2 -p m328"  in a DOS box, I get this error:

"avrdude: error: could not find PICkit2 with vid=0x4d8 pid=0x33"

Pickit2 is connected to USB and functional with the Microchip Pickit
Software. Also the Windows device manager shows exactly this Vid/Pid
(0x4d8/0x33) for my Pickit2 device.

Is there anything I forgot to configure ?

My system:
WinXp, SP3, 32bit
Pickit-FW is   PK2V023200
Avrdude: 6.1-svn-20131205

Any ideas ?

Thanks for your help

Re: Problem using Pickit2 as Programmer

René Liebscher
   Hi,
   I guess you using the Windows binary from our download area.
   This indeed does not work with the pickit2.
   If I compile the current revision for myself it works. So I guess the
   problem is the cross-compiling of the Windows binary.
   My configure prints out the following:
   checking for ddk/hidsdi.h... yes
   Configuration summary:
   ----------------------
   DON'T HAVE libelf
   DO HAVE    libusb
   DON'T HAVE libusb_1_0
   DON'T HAVE libftdi1
   DON'T HAVE libftdi
   DO HAVE    libhid
   DO HAVE    pthread
   DISABLED   doc
   ENABLED    parport
   DISABLED   linuxgpio
   So I guess the crosscompile did not find libhid?
   In avrdude pickit2 supports using Windows HID interface or as
   alternative also libusb, but for latter you need to install the libusb
   Windows driver for the pickit2.
   Kind regards
   René
   Am 02.01.2014 20:54, schrieb Bege:

     Hello,
     I can't manage to get Avrdude running with Pickit2.
     I'm on Windows.
     Entering   "avrdude  -c pickit2 -p m328"  in a DOS box, I get this
     error:
     "avrdude: error: could not find PICkit2 with vid=0x4d8 pid=0x33"
     Pickit2 is connected to USB and functional with the Microchip Pickit
     Software. Also the Windows device manager shows exactly this Vid/Pid
     (0x4d8/0x33) for my Pickit2 device.
     Is there anything I forgot to configure ?
     My system:
     WinXp, SP3, 32bit
     Pickit-FW is   PK2V023200
     Avrdude: 6.1-svn-20131205
     Any ideas ?
     Thanks for your help

Re: Problem using Pickit2 as Programmer

Joerg Wunsch
As René Liebscher wrote:

>    So I guess the crosscompile did not find libhid?

Yes, I don't have a libhid in my cross-compilation environment which
I'm using to produce the Win32 version that is available in the
download area.

If someone tells me what I need to do to get it, I can give it a try.
(Self-compilation is an option as long as it be compiled with the
MinGW tollchain; the libelf I'm using, I compiled myself.)
--
cheers, Joerg               .-.-.   --... ...--   -.. .  DL8DTL

http://www.sax.de/~joerg/