Linux on embedded computer, avrdude and xmega

Linux on embedded computer, avrdude and xmega

Torbjørn Heltne

Hello all,

From what I understand this is the place to be if someone (like me) has a question about avrdude related stuff. :-)

I have spent some time googling for an answer but to no avail – so far. The thing is: In the release notes for avrdude 6.0.1 (now we're at 6.3) it is listed that

* New devices supported:

(...)

    -  ATxmega128A4U,

(...)

* New programmers supported:

(...)

    - linuxgpio

      + any (embedded) Linux system with 4 GPIOs available can be used

        as a programmer with little or no additional hardware.

(...)

Can anyone confirm if these two options are available ... simultaneously?

Is it possible to program the ATxmega128A4U from an embedded linux computer running avrdude using linuxgpio?

Best regards and have a nice weekend!

--

Torbjørn

P Please consider the environment before printing this email and attachments

Re: Linux on embedded computer, avrdude and xmega

Joerg Wunsch
Torbjørn Heltne <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Can anyone confirm if these two options are available ... simultaneously?

They are.

> Is it possible to program the ATxmega128A4U from an embedded linux
>  computer running avrdude using linuxgpio?

I'm afraid it's not possible.  As far as I can see in the sourcecode,
the linuxgpio driver *only* supports bitbang ISP programming, which
means it is restricted to "classic" AVRs.
--
cheers, Joerg               .-.-.   --... ...--   -.. .  DL8DTL

http://www.sax.de/~joerg/