HI

Girisha A B
Hi ,

        I Have MBED .. Can i use avrdude to program via MBED ?

Thanks
Girisha

Re: HI

Stuart Longland
On 01/03/16 13:33, Girisha A B wrote:
>         I Have MBED .. Can i use avrdude to program via MBED ?

MBED is ARM isn't it (seem to recall it being based on some NXP part)?
Maybe if the project was called ARMDude.  Otherwise, that's more the
domain of projects like openocd.

Or you use a device firmware upload bootloader on the chip.

I'm happy to be corrected, but my understanding is that AVRDude is
targeted at AVR microcontrollers, not ARM.
--
Stuart Longland (aka Redhatter, VK4MSL)

I haven't lost my mind...
  ...it's backed up on a tape somewhere.

Re: HI

Erik Christiansen-2
On 01.03.16 15:00, Stuart Longland wrote:

> On 01/03/16 13:33, Girisha A B wrote:
> >         I Have MBED .. Can i use avrdude to program via MBED ?
>
> MBED is ARM isn't it (seem to recall it being based on some NXP part)?
> Maybe if the project was called ARMDude.  Otherwise, that's more the
> domain of projects like openocd.
>
> Or you use a device firmware upload bootloader on the chip.
>
> I'm happy to be corrected, but my understanding is that AVRDude is
> targeted at AVR microcontrollers, not ARM.

Not much chance of being challenged there, I think. The most recent
documentation:

http://www.nongnu.org/avrdude/user-manual/avrdude_4.html#Option-Descriptions

begins with a list of supported part numbers. There's nothing non-avr
there.

Erik

Re: HI

Andrew Chin

You could, but why? That would be a lot off hassle