FT232RQ pinout question

Daniel Rozsnyó
Hi all,
   is there a limitation on how can I use the serial port pins for ISP
programming in the FT232R ?

   I will use an 244 tri-state gate, so the pins wont be normally
driven, I suppose the FTDI chip has some pull up/down on those pins so
that the serial line will operate normally.

   The only driven signal is on the /RI pin, with my pullup which
controls the /OE on the 244 buffer.

   The miso/mosi/sclk/reset can be then really on ANY pin?
(cts/rts/dtr/dsr/dcd?)

   (The GPIO's are out of question, I want to keep the RX/TX LEDs)

Daniel

Re: FT232RQ pinout question

Darell Tan
Hi Daniel,

Yes you should be able to use the FT232R as if it was a normal serial port.

I use the Sparkfun FTDI breakout board (which has a FT232RL) as a bitbang
programmer for the ATtiny25 series, the ATmega328P, as well as the ATtiny10
because I do not have a "real" programmer. I (randomly) picked the "dasa"
configuration, which utilizes the following signals: RTS, DTR, TXD and CTS.

Hope this helps.

Darell Tan