Attiny817 xplainedmini_updi

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Attiny817 xplainedmini_updi

argen14
Hello,

I am getting this error:

 Inconsistent fragment number; expect 1, got 0

I am using the trunk version of avrdude, compiled from svn.

The attiny817 xplained mini medbg firmware version is 1.0d. I've tried to
update but Atmel studio says it is latest one.

Any advice how to proceed?

_______________________________________________
avrdude-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/avrdude-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Attiny817 xplainedmini_updi

Sven Schwermer
Hi Jose,

I've had success with this patch:

https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/avrdude-dev/2019-01/msg00006.html

Best regards,
Sven

On 7/22/19 2:38 PM, Jose A. Saumell wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am getting this error:
>
>  Inconsistent fragment number; expect 1, got 0
>
> I am using the trunk version of avrdude, compiled from svn.
>
> The attiny817 xplained mini medbg firmware version is 1.0d. I've tried to
> update but Atmel studio says it is latest one.
>
> Any advice how to proceed?
> ᐧ
> _______________________________________________
> avrdude-dev mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/avrdude-dev
>

_______________________________________________
avrdude-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/avrdude-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Attiny817 xplainedmini_updi

argen14
Thank you Sven, after patch applied I can communicate with the attiny817 on
xplainedmini_updi.
Let me ask, do you use avarice/gdb or any other type of command line
debugger? This is the only piece missing now for me . I am considering
adding support for attiny817 on avarice if it will not take so much time.
Anything to keep away from Windows and IDEs

Thanks again


On Mon, Jul 22, 2019 at 9:52 PM Sven Schwermer <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Jose,
>
> I've had success with this patch:
>
> https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/avrdude-dev/2019-01/msg00006.html
>
> Best regards,
> Sven
>
> On 7/22/19 2:38 PM, Jose A. Saumell wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am getting this error:
> >
> >  Inconsistent fragment number; expect 1, got 0
> >
> > I am using the trunk version of avrdude, compiled from svn.
> >
> > The attiny817 xplained mini medbg firmware version is 1.0d. I've tried to
> > update but Atmel studio says it is latest one.
> >
> > Any advice how to proceed?
> > ᐧ
> > _______________________________________________
> > avrdude-dev mailing list
> > [hidden email]
> > https://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/avrdude-dev
> >
>
_______________________________________________
avrdude-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/avrdude-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Attiny817 xplainedmini_updi

Sven Schwermer
Great. I’m glad it works for you as well. I should really submit this as a proper patch.

As for avarice, I’ve not been successful with that MCU. Would appreciate if you manage to make this work.

Did you have to patch avr-glibc to compile for the 817?

Sven

> On 23 Jul 2019, at 00:01, Jose A. Saumell <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thank you Sven, after patch applied I can communicate with the attiny817 on xplainedmini_updi.
> Let me ask, do you use avarice/gdb or any other type of command line debugger? This is the only piece missing now for me . I am considering adding support for attiny817 on avarice if it will not take so much time. Anything to keep away from Windows and IDEs
>
> Thanks again
> ᐧ
>
>> On Mon, Jul 22, 2019 at 9:52 PM Sven Schwermer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Jose,
>>
>> I've had success with this patch:
>>
>> https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/avrdude-dev/2019-01/msg00006.html
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Sven
>>
>> On 7/22/19 2:38 PM, Jose A. Saumell wrote:
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > I am getting this error:
>> >
>> >  Inconsistent fragment number; expect 1, got 0
>> >
>> > I am using the trunk version of avrdude, compiled from svn.
>> >
>> > The attiny817 xplained mini medbg firmware version is 1.0d. I've tried to
>> > update but Atmel studio says it is latest one.
>> >
>> > Any advice how to proceed?
>> > ᐧ
>> > _______________________________________________
>> > avrdude-dev mailing list
>> > [hidden email]
>> > https://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/avrdude-dev
>> >
_______________________________________________
avrdude-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/avrdude-dev