AVR-DUDE,JTAGICE mkII

Thiagraj Peri

Hi,
This is a new bie question.
I have a JTAGICE-mKII and i downloaded the latest
WinAVR(20050214) which has avrdude 4.4.0.
I guess this version doesnot support jtagicemkII.

And from the archives it is clear the new version
of avr-dude(along with jtag mkII support) has been
released recently.From where can I get the latest
binaries of avrdude for windows?

Are there any documents related to this new version
of avrdude? How are the command line options changed
while using jtagicemkII(usb port)?

Thx in advance
-Peri

Re: AVR-DUDE,JTAGICE mkII

Joerg Wunsch
As Thiagraj Peri wrote:

> And from the archives it is clear the new version of avr-dude(along
> with jtag mkII support) has been released recently.From where can I
> get the latest binaries of avrdude for windows?

Please see the followups made to the announcement of the 5.0-BETA
version, Colin O'Flynn has posted the URL for an inofficial win32
version there.

Note that a few bugs have been fixed since, too.  See the ChangeLog
in CVS.

> Are there any documents related to this new version of avrdude? How
> are the command line options changed while using jtagicemkII(usb
> port)?

Sorry, no USB support in the BETA version.  Colin posted a hack for
USB support under Linux (using the usbserial driver with a forced
configuration to match the JTAG ICE to that driver).  I've recently
added libusb support to CVS, but that's by now Unix only (tested on
FreeBSD) until someone can really either confirm that it would also
work with the Windows version of libusb, or writes a native win32 USB
interface.

--
cheers, J"org               .-.-.   --... ...--   -.. .  DL8DTL

http://www.sax.de/~joerg/                        NIC: JW11-RIPE